March 26, 2008

Easter, Flyin' kites!


We had a GREAT Easter! We woke up to each others easter baskets, and then went to church. After church we header up to my family's house for a yummy BBQ (apparently not a typical Easter dinner, but I just learned that Ham is the usual Easter dinner. I'd rather a good BBQ) We had a little thought on Easter to remind us of the true meaning of the great holiday and then we actually had an easter egg hunt. Yes, by we i mean me, clay, T, Ty, and CJ. It was so fun!!! You're never too old for an easter egg hut.  I told mom that we should have one.. I didn't know she really would :) I'm glad she did though. She and dad hid the eggs, they hid some kites too. There were some pretty surprises in the eggs (money, movie tix, and of course candy) It was really fun. I think we should make it a tradition. I LOVE TRADITIONS!!! Then After the hunt (I found the most eggs :) we got our kites out and flew them. We got pretty creative because the wind wasn't super strong. Ty, T, and CJ got in Ty's jeep and put a kite our the sunroof and drove down the streets. It was great. Last year we tried to do that with a bike. It was quite a site to see. Anyhow we had a great easter. The weather was SO nice too. I hope the sun sticks around because I am so ready for warmth.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

what a fun easter, we didnt really celebrate, kinda sad. We just went to St george, so i guess that was fun, but not eastery!!! What fun traditions!!

Heidi said...

Oh what a great idea to fly kites! I am glad you did an egg hunt:) It makes you feel like you can be a kid again. I love easter too! it was just a little early this year. I prefer leaves on the trees and tulips in the yard. YOU?

Hot Mamas said...

Your mom and dad are so good to keep the traditions alive. Way to go!!!
Glad you had a great Easter.
I love that you and Clay did baskets for each other.

Hot Mamas said...

This is Moira by the way...lol

marcia said...

It sounds and looks like you guys had a great Easter. Your family is so cool. Tell everyone hi for me...love ya

Kayla R. said...

mmmm i love EASTER:) cute pics