August 1, 2010

Grizwald's meet the Ward camp-out!

I can't even believe I almost let this post slip by. This was from a few months ago!!! This is our Grizwald camper :) Clay has got to be the sweetest guy alive. So, he knew we needed to be at the ward camp-out being in the bishopric. I will be honest I wasn't that excited because it was suppose to be freezing and raining all night. I was hoping it would be a big downpour and it would be cancelled. (horrible to admit) So Clay being the sweet husband that he is tried to think of way to keep us dry and comfy so that I would want to stay over. So he built this "bed frame" for the back of the truck and laid a queen size mattress on it and then he rigged this tarp/PVC pipe contraption. I have to say I was pretty impressed. He was SO excited to try this whole thing out... I think I may start calling him Tim the Tool man.
So I figured we'd go to the camp-out and stay until after dinner and head home because it started to rain. But Clay really wanted to try out the " camper" so we decided to stay. I have to admit we were so warm that we were actually peeling blankets off (if you know Clay's family they are blanket bed kings and queens) and not one rain drop hit us. (It rained aLL night too) It was actually really fun! I'm glad that we stayed. It was a memory to remember. Now when our kids grow up and they complain about not have the latest and greatest we can pull this card out!! Just like our parents pull the "we ate on lawn chairs and cardboard boxes for the first year of our marriage" card :) I know they really did, so now we have our story to tell. Good memories!

It wouldn't be a complete function if Clay wasn't at the grill

If any of you are interested I think Clay is starting a side business making these :) ha

Babe I love you!!!!!!

No comments: