July 25, 2009

Our little princess


     6 lbs 8oz    17.5 inches long    
 born at 4:34 am    July 19, 2009

I have to say that this girl has had me smiling ever since the second she was born. Honestly being a mom is better than I ever even imagined. Everyone told me that I would just wanted to hold her and look at her ALL DAY and I wasn't quite sure about that, until now. Now I know exactly what they were talking about. I feel so incredibly lucky to have this sweet little girl. She is healthy and such a good baby (so far, we hope it lasts :) Giving birth truly is a miracle, it is not only an emotional and physical experience to go through, but definitely a spiritual one as well. One of my favorite things is to watch her wake up, she pulls the cutest faces, I seriously laugh every time, it is adorable. She has also been smiling SO MUCH these past couple of days, and she even laughs in her sleep it is the cutest thing ever!!!
This is the first dress that daddy bought her when we found out that we were having a girl.( I will post a full body picture so you see it better)
Clay and London asleep on the couch after a LONG day of work. It is so sweet to see how much Clay loves her. He is so exhausted after working out in the heat all day, but his face lights up the second he sees her. He is such a great dad!!!!
London's FIRST doctors visit a few days old! She had lost about 5 oz but everything looked great! Mandie and Kelsey work at the clinic I'm going to, so it makes it really fun to have two great friends there when I take her in!! Today (July 22nd) she had a lot of FIRSTS, she had her first doctors apt, her FIRST blowout diaper, and her FIRST bath. It was a good day!

Her FIRST hair combing :)

Grandma Cardon washing her hair, London wasn't quite sure about this
Her first bath in the sink at Grandma's house. I didn't have her cute little bath with me so we just used a towel to lay her in

On our way home from the hospital, her FIRST car ride (July 20th)
Great Grandma Millar
Karalee, Candice, me and London. It was so good to see these girls, it had been way too long. They will be friends for life !!!
I absolutely LOVE this hat!!!! My mom came up from the hospital gift shop with the cutest little giraffe outfit and this hat. I had to put it on her the second I opened the gift! Thanks mom I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Grandma Cardon
Grandma Sandi
Grandpa Barnes
Proud Uncle T-dog (terrance)
Mama and Pops, Definitely PROUD grandparents
Her FIRST hospital bath
Clay holding his little princess for the first time!! 

Cleaning London off after delivery. It was a little bit crazy after she was delivered her cord was around her neck and so as I was pushing her heart rate kept dropping even after the contraction was over so Dr Rees (who is absolutely amazing) monitored me and the baby for a little bit and then turned to me and told me we had to take another precaution...that freaked me out, because I thought he was going to say a C-section. But it wasn't!! He needed to use the suction to help pull her out. I was a little afraid because I hear those can make the babies head shaped weird so I asked him if if would hurt her at all, he confidently said no it won't hurt her at all! So of course I said to do what he needs to do. I pictured this big vacuum suction and it wasn't like tha at all. It was this handheld pump that he puts on her head, it was very different than i thought it would be. (much better than I pictured)  So after two more pushes with that on head her she was out!!!! Dr Rees slid the cord over her head in such a calm manner and then, Clay got to cut the umbilical cord, it was really special. However, She didn't cry which made me nervous so the nurse took her quickly over to their little cleaning station and did a few things that I couldn't see, but then i heard her first cry and I was put to ease. That first cry is such a priceless sound, something I don't think I'll ever forget.

This is my tummy as I got to the hospital. It is so crazy to look back and think she was in there the whole time!!

15 comments:

Marie said...

Ok, so she is the cutest baby I've ever seen!! Way to go Tiff and Clay We love you... London is one lucky little girl to have such amazing parents.
Love Grandma Marie

Sarah said...

Yeah, i love all the pics!!! Brea has that little pink lady bug onsie too. So cute!!! Car Seat Canopy's are the best!!! I love her in the yellow!! I think that is her color!!! Love ya.

Jamie said...

She is SO Cute1 Were so excited for you guys! When we get home from California Were coming to see her! Hope everything is going good. And again she is SO Cute!

Chay said...

She is so precious! I have to admit I did tear up when I say her pics...oh, how I wish I lived there!! Miss ya!!

Devyn Pickett said...

CONGRAT!!!! she is BEAUTIFUL! can't wait to meet her in person!! we miss you guys and when was she born?!!!

cat+tadd=sam said...

I need to meet this little lady! She is just beautiful! Congratulations, you guys!

Jason and Shannon Salmon said...

She is soooo beautiful!!! Congrats! Make sure to come get a baby fist done on a Monday at work so I can meet this cutie! :)

Dana Dastrup said...

Tiffany London is absolutely gorgeous! She takes right after her mom!! Congrates!!

marcia said...

It's about time you posted some pics. I've been checking this blog out since I heard you had your baby. Now that the lecture is over...CONGRATULATIONS!! She is a little doll. I'm so happy for you all. I agree with your mom, she is a lucky little girl to have such sweet parents AND grandparents. I can't wait to see her in person. I hope everyone is doing well...we love you all!!
Love Aunt Mowsha

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Oh man. I'm sorry I haven't been by. Life is so crazy!!! I need to see this little bugger. I'm calling you right now. She is sooooo beautiful! Clay's nose? I don't know. I'm coming. Blake needs to meet this sweet girl. He's going to have such a hard decision. No pressure though. I love you guys.

Lindey&Corbin said...

Tiff she is so freakin cute! I want to come visit!

Amber Ferran said...

Absolutely beautiful! She is soooo beautiful...and you look AMAZING in all of your photos! You are definitely one of those pretty moms that looks perfect after giving birth! And looking at all your pictures seriously made me cry, You are both going to be such great parents! I'm so happy for your beautiful family!

Lindsay said...

Tiff! She is beautiful! You look great as well! I need to come by. we got home last night, so we will come by this week for sure!

Jessica said...

Tiff!!! She is so BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Jake and Ashley said...

Tiff she is so beautiful! Congrats! I am glad that everything went well. It is the most wonderful gift to have a child.