March 21, 2009

Our first ultra sound!!

This was at my 16 week ultrasound :) I was able to find out early that we were having a girl!! It was such a neat experiance. I can't even explain in words how happy we were. I was a little surprised when the nurse said, "it's a little girl!" I guess I just pictured myself with a boy since I have all brothers, but I was so ecstatic about a girl! Clay said he thought it was a gril, so he wasn't as shocked as I was. We got to see her moving around and all of her limbs, spine, heart, etc. It is still so crazy the she is inside me. When I was looking at the screen and seeing her move all around I couldn't believe that I couldn't feel her. Wow I have a baby in me!!!! AHHHHHH so crazy. 
For this ultrasound Clay just wanted it to be me and him, so we didn't have our parents come to this one. It was a priceless moment that we got to share together. After we had the ultrasound we had to wait awhile until we could show our parents the pictures because Clay had school and I wanted him to be with me. But as soon as he was done we went over to share the exciting news!! When I talked to my mom she said, "ok what is it!!!" I told her we were having twins. I played it off pretty good for a minute and she actually believed me for a second, then I of course told her I was kidding and  that she would just have to wait til she sees the pictures to see what it is!!! My parents were of course excited, it's been quite sometime since we've had a baby girl in the family (me) When we went to show Clay's mom and sisters they were so dang cute, they had gone and found a few cute outfits for me to open, it was so fun!!!! They were our very first little girl thing. I have a feeling she is going to be one spoiled little girl :)
outfits from clay's mom and sis's

The proof!! It's a girl
Clay and I waiting patiently to go into the ultrasound room
-poor clay he was so sick that morning :(
filling out some paperwork before the ultrasound!!

No comments: